IELTS Speaking Part 1: strange questions
In part 1 of the speaking test, the examiner will ask around 10 easy questions. However, students have reported some strange questions, such as:
1. Do you like parks?
2. Do you think different colours can change our moods?
3. When do people give flowers in your country?
Don't be shocked by these questions. Just give a simple answer with a reason. Don't worry about using fantastic grammar or vocabulary; just try to answer without hesitating. For example:
1. Yes, I like parks because they are great places to relax. I think all cities need green areas.
2. Yes, I think bright colours, like red, can make you feel energetic. Some greens and blues can be more relaxing.
3. People give flowers on special occasions like birthdays or on Valentine's Day. In my country, giving flowers is seen as romantic.