IELTS Speaking: how to feel more confident
Here are some tips to help you feel more confident when you go for your IELTS speaking test:
· Be prepared: you should know exactly what to expect in the 3 parts of the speaking test, and you should have read the suggestions on this website about how to answer.
· Lots of practice: a student who has practised answering all of the questions in all eight Cambridge books, as well as the questions on this site, will feel much more confident than a student who hasn't.
· Write it down: when studying at home, you have time to prepare 'perfect' answers to practice questions; write your answers down, and ask someone to help you check and improve them.
· Speak aloud: start by reading the answers you wrote down (like an actor uses a script), then gradually stop using the script.
· Record yourself: this allows you to analyse the quality of your answers, as well as your pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.