IELTS Writing Task 1: diagram overview
After the introduction, I tell my students to write an overview of the information shown on the chart. When the chart shows numbers, we look for the highest, lowest, biggest change, overall trend etc.
But how do you write an overview of a diagram that doesn't show numbers?
Here are some things you could put in a process diagram overview:
· The total number of steps in the process.
· Where the process begins and ends.
And this is what you could write about for a comparing diagram:
· The total number of changes or differences.
· The main changes or differences.
· The main similarities or what doesn't change